DATA PROTECTION POLICY
KITAG Kino-Theater AG (hereinafter “KITAG”) provides information and other services (e.g. reservations and ticket sales, public internet access) on the KITAG CINEMAS Website www.kitag.com and on the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels, in the KITAG CINEMAS App for iOS and Android (hereinafter the “KITAG CINEMAS App”) and by means of the KITAG CINEMAS Free WiFi. KITAG makes every effort to ensure that all personal data of users collected via the KITAG CINEMAS Website and the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels, the KITAG CINEMAS App and the KITAG CINEMAS Free WiFi are processed in conformity with the applicable statutory provisions concerning data protection and, in particular, that such data remains confidential. In this regard, the following principles apply:
1. This Data Protection Policy applies to the KITAG CINEMAS Website and the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels, the KITAG CINEMAS App and the KITAG CINEMAS Free WiFi. By using the KITAG CINEMAS Website, the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels or the KITAG CINEMAS Free WiFi, the user signifies acceptance of the terms of this Policy. No liability is assumed for third-party websites and resources – particularly with respect to the compliance with data protection provisions by the operators of such external websites and resources – irrespective of whether these sites link to the KITAG CINEMAS Website or the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels or whether the KITAG CINEMAS Website or the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels link to external sites or offerings. KITAG recommends that users verify the respective data protection policies of outside websites and resources on which they enter personal data.
2. In general, the KITAG CINEMAS Website, the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels and the KITAG CINEMAS App may be used without the user needing to provide KITAG with personal information. For every visitor to the KITAG CINEMAS Website, data is recorded in the form of log files (e.g. IP address information, date, time, site last visited). These log files, however, do not contain any personal usage data, provided a user has not already registered on the KITAG CINEMAS Website or purchased a ticket or coupon (see below), and KITAG cannot draw any inferences about a user. Log files are used by KITAG only in order to be able to better administer the KITAG CINEMAS Website and to optimise it by performing analyses of user behaviour. In addition, the KITAG CINEMAS Website may contain so-called pixel tags. Pixel tags are used primarily by third party providers for statistical or marketing purposes (primarily for measuring user traffic on the KITAG CINEMAS Website).
3. In order to be able to make use of certain services via the KITAG CINEMAS Website and the KITAG CINEMAS App, a user must first register, which entails the provision of certain personal data, and create a personal KITAG CINEMAS account. When registering by filling out and submitting a form, the user must give his contact information (name, address, email address, etc.). Registration by the customer must be under his or her official name and correct address. The use of invented names and pseudonyms is prohibited. User data remains stored in the personal KITAG CINEMAS account. Thereafter the user may reserve or purchase tickets via a personal login with username and/or email address and password. The user data in the personal KITAG CINEMAS account is treated confidentially by KITAG in accordance with the provisions of the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP). User data is not disclosed or made accessible to third parties, other than partner companies listed on the KITAG CINEMAS Website, including Swisscom. User data is used by KITAG and the listed partner companies solely to facilitate the use of the services offered, as well as for advertising and marketing purposes (including newsfeed and sending of newsletters, see below). Every user has the possibility of reviewing and correcting their personal data (via individual KITAG CINEMAS account administration on the internet or a written request to KITAG).
A registration is likewise required to use the KITAG CINEMAS Free WiFi. Unless they log in via another person’s account, when logging on to the KITAG CINEMAS Free WiFi, users are required to enter their name and email address. In this case, however, a personal KITAG CINEMAS account is not created. Apart from this, with respect to the user data provided during the registration process described above, the stipulations of the above paragraph apply mutatis mutandi.
4. In order to purchase tickets, coupons, etc. on the KITAG CINEMAS Website without registering or opening a KITAG CINEMAS account, the user must provide his or her contact information (name, email address, etc.) by filling out and submitting a purchase form. The contact information entered by the customer must be under his or her official name and correct email address. The use of invented names and pseudonyms is prohibited. Tickets, coupons, etc. purchased as a guest purchase can be sent only to the email address provided by the user. If the user provided the contact data solely for a guest purchase, no advertising or information emails are sent using this data.
5. KITAG sends registered users the periodic email newsletter, as well as the personalised newsfeed. Both provide information about new features and changes in connection with the KITAG CINEMAS Website, its editorial content and services offered. The newsletter also serves to communicate with users for the purpose of optimising and improving KITAG services. The user may unsubscribe from the newsletter and the newsfeed (e.g. in the personal KITAG CINEMAS account) at any time, without incurring any further obligations.
6. From time to time, KITAG may carry out surveys and competitions and also invite registered users to participate. Participation in such activities is free and voluntary. KITAG uses contact information provided in connection with participation only for communicating a potential win. Information from a survey is used for enhancing and improving the KITAG CINEMAS Website and services. Such information – should it be published or made publicly accessible – is always published in an anonymous manner, i.e. without disclosing personal data. When a user enters a competition, its terms and conditions of entry apply and must be confirmed by the user prior to submitting the form.
9. For managing its social media channels, KITAG uses social media management tools of Falcon.io ApS (https://www.falcon.io). The social media management tools of Falcon.io ApS are used by KITAG to manage the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels in a uniform manner, to interact with users of the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels, to monitor social media channels for references to KITAG, to display personalised and interest-targeted advertising, and to assess KITAG campaigns on the KITAG CINEMAS social media channels.
10. If users send information to KITAG over the internet, such information is protected as far as possible against outside access. In this regard, KITAG does everything in its power to protect user data both online and offline. Only employees who need to work directly with the data have access to it. All KITAG employees and service providers engaged by KITAG are obligated to treat all data in strict confidence. All KITAG employees and services providers engaged by KITAG are notified on an ongoing basis about KITAG’s data protection policy and security guidelines, and they structure their activities accordingly. The IT infrastructure of KITAG is installed in secure premises and protected by state-of-the-art technology.
PCI DSS – Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
The kitag Website and the Carte Bleue App conform to the security guidelines of the card organisations PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards). Further information about these security standards is available here.
11. KITAG reserves the right to amend or supplement this Data Protection Policy at any time. Any amendments or supplementations are published on the KITAG CINEMAS Website.
Last updated: November 2018